Saturday, August 9, 2008

In Limbo!


28 June - 10 July 2008

After everyone left Friday afternoon, we were invited to stay with our friends Paul & Marie Bucher… with Vinnie! We had originally planned to stay at the house that night, but since our “stuff” left too, we saw no reason to sleep here again. (Did you SEE the “bed” we were sleeping on?) So we loaded up what was left of our possessions – including Joey & Cricket (the parrots) into the Jeep & headed to Manheim… where we stayed until our departure for Grenada!

Saturday morning (after a slow start), we headed back to the house in Mount Joy to finish cleaning up for the new owners. We were amazed to discover that our good friend, Denny had already been there looking for us. With his own tools & supplies, he came to help clean! So we sent his ROOMBA to vacuum one of the bedrooms while we went to work on the rest of the place!

When we were finished cleaning, Scott (the “leftover King”) used up what was left in the fridge & created a dandy little lunch for the 3 of us… our “last supper” at 312 Lefever Road! After the meal, he took everything on the table (including the plates & silverware) and threw it all in the trash! It was now time to say goodbye to the home we’d lived in for the past 29-1/2 years… and to our dear friend, Denny.

We headed back to Manheim, which was our “base” for now… still waiting for the paperwork to take the birds with us. After a few days there, we decided it might be best if we flew down to Grenada separately. That way someone would be there to pick them up at the airport. So we scheduled Scott’s flight for Sunday, July 6.

While he is in Grenada waiting for me, he can get a refrigerator delivered, and start making arrangements to retrieve our container when it arrives. Meanwhile, I continued to make a pest of myself with the US Fish & Wildlife office… who had control over the permit for the parrots.

By Wednesday (the 9th), we decided that I should plan to be in Grenada in time to help at the house when the container gets there… that means I need to schedule my flight by the 16th (another Wednesday). Amerijet only flies to Grenada on Mondays & Thursdays… and the Thursday flight has too many stops to allow pets for traveling. So… Monday it is! I made arrangements to have them on the Monday flight, July 14. Then I scheduled my flight for Tuesday, July 15… both would be leaving from Miami.

I finally got a phone call telling me that my permit (for the parrots) was ready & they would be sending it overnight! Woo-hoo! Things are finally starting to fall into place! I’ll plan to drive to Florida… leaving sometime Friday… so I’m there to drop off the birds at Amerijet on Sunday evening.

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments: