Monday, August 11, 2008

Coffee!


Sunday, 20 July 2008

After a hugely satisfying cup, or two, of coffee (from my NEW coffeemaker) and a good breakfast, we decided to work a little this morning, then go to the beach to meet up with friends.

So around noon we headed to Grand Anse beach, which is the primary tourist beach here… about 2 miles long! There’s a little “hotel/beach bar” on the north end called Jenny’s Place & Scott says they usually have some music early Sunday afternoons. We’ll stop there first. And I will be the one to drive us there!

Sundays are good days to practice driving… for those of us that are inexperienced with driving on the left. There’s not much traffic on the roads so you can take your time. I thought I was doing fine until I saw the little road we turned onto to get to the bar. It dead ends and there’s not much space to turn around! With Scott’s help, I wrestled my way through & got us to the side to park… but I would have to climb out from his side, as I was against a bush on my side! Then walked through a fence and down the path to the bar.

Our friend Tony was already there with a few others. He’s a former Chief Mate for Windjammer Barefoot Cruises… we met him through friends who’ve sailed with him years ago. A few more showed up… most of these guys are friends who hang out at the yacht club.

After a drink or two, we headed over to Morne Rouge Beach. There’s a new beach bar there called Rocky’s. This is near the Gem Resort, where we stayed when on vacation. You can drive down to the bar & park there, then walk right onto the beach. Of course, since we’re using his parking we should have a drink here while we wait for Mike & Jackie! Soon they arrived, and we all headed out to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. Then when it began to get dark we went back to Rocky’s for dinner. By this time I was beginning to get a headache… that felt like it would turn into a migraine. (I hadn’t had an alcoholic drink since we left Jenny’s Place!) So we headed home & after a quick shower and some Excedrin, went straight to bed… it was about 9pm! Luckily, when I awoke around midnight, I felt fine again!

That’s good… because tomorrow’s going to be a big day!

Photo Description: Coffee! (You can see the transformer sitting next to it.)

No comments: