Thursday, August 14, 2008

24 July 2008 - Thursday

We finally deflated the aerobed we’ve been sleeping on & replaced it with our queen mattress… no bed frame; it’s just sitting on top of a couple of twin box springs. (After last night, I think I liked the air mattress better!)

The bright sunrise got me awake this morning… we still have no curtains on the windows & our bed faces east! So we’re up by 6:00 and looking forward to another day of picking through boxes. I made good progress yesterday on the kitchen, so my goal for the day is to clear out the “great room” and set up a little space for relaxing in the evening. I finally found my vacuum cleaner, so it was nice to be able to suck up some of the dust that settles in the wood floor. If you’ve seen photos of the beautiful wood, let me tell you… it looks a lot better in photos! We will have to find someone that can put it back in good condition. Some of the boards are coming up & it’s uneven in a lot of places. It also needs refinishing.

Since he located his gas can, Scott spent the day cutting grass & cleaning up some of the weeds that have grown up on the property. There was an old washing machine left on the property, so Scott hooked it up & we did a load of laundry… it may be awhile until we get ours connected. In the meantime, we’ll use this & hang it to dry. Today was quite warm & breezy, so it didn’t take long at all for drying!

We have a very friendly lizard hanging out on the veranda. His body is about 4” long, and I see him just about every morning. I hear they eat mosquitoes… so I’m happy to have him here! (Just hope he has lots of friends!)

We burned up a transformer tonight… literally! We had the microwave plugged into it and were making baked potatoes for dinner. It actually started smoking! (I’ll write more about the transformers later.)

So I was successful in getting our “living room” area set up today… still need to get my speakers hooked up to my stereo though. So tonight we get to relax a bit after dinner!

That’s all for now!

Photo description: Our temporary living room setup.

No comments: