Thursday, August 14, 2008

22 July 2008 - Tuesday



Today, we just hung out here at the house. Joey & Cricket seem happy to be back in their large cages, as we've been unpacking & finding a place for everything we brought with us. I still didn't have internet access, so I planned to call the phone company to find out if I did something wrong in setting it up.

The big question for today is: "What do we need to find first?" We need lamps, some cooking things, a microwave, and TRANSFORMERS! (A better mattress to sleep on would be nice too, but not exactly a priority yet!) And I'd love to find my vacuum cleaner... to suck up all the dirt that doesn't seem to sweep away!

Scott started a fire in the back yard, so as we empty a big box, we get it burned right away. We're told that cardboard attracts bugs... mosquitoes & roaches. So we want to get rid of it quickly.

I actually received a call from the phone company this afternoon telling me that the internet was just connected... I didn't realize that wasn't done when the guy was here yesterday.

And that's pretty much how we worked at it all day. When darkness came, we were too tired to stay awake much past 8:30! I took a minute to try my internet service, but I still couldn't get online. (Will have to call them tomorrow.) Another early night for us!

Photo descriptions: Birds in their new home... and rain coming from across the mountain.

No comments: