Friday, August 15, 2008

27 July 2008 - Sunday


Back in Mount Joy, we had the daily newspaper delivered and Scott’s Sunday ritual was to do the crossword puzzle. (I always did the word find & cryptoquip.) So this morning I surprised him & printed out the puzzle from their “e-Editions”… the online version of the newspaper. So while he was having his eggs for breakfast, he was diligently working on the crossword puzzle! Life is grand!

My mission for today was to get through all the boxes of clothes… at least mine. I found a box of hangers and got to work right after breakfast (probably around 7:30am)! Scott headed below to work on his shop.

Each box of clothes I opened came with a surprise… something I didn’t expect to find in a box of clothes! The best surprise? I found my blender! Now I need to figure out how to get those papayas out of the tree… the ripe ones are pretty high up.

I also found time today to clean the 3 bathrooms! Something I just haven’t had the time or energy to get to until now.

It’s been pretty hot the past few days. We’ve been keeping the doors closed now to keep the mosquitoes under control, so it gets pretty steamy inside the house! As soon as we get the screens fixed we’ll be able to ventilate much better. I actually had goose bumps today when I was sitting on the veranda taking a break! And for the first time since I’ve arrived, I don’t think it rained during the night… at least I didn’t hear it on our metal roof. Today was a glorious clear day again!

Photo description: Blender with fruit from yard.

No comments: