Tuesday, March 10, 2009

10 March 2009 - Tuesday

Hashing & Painting... Painting & Hashing!

The last of our Windjammer friends have gone back to the states, so we're slowly getting back into our regular routine of working around the house. (We haven't been to the beach for about a week now!)


I've finally made a decision on what to do with my living room walls. I was pretty sure of the method I wanted to use to tackle the project... a color wash... but had trouble pinning down the colors. The room is so big that I'm not going to make all the walls the same color. (But I have yet to decide exactly which walls will get which color!) So I went out & bought a gallon each of 2 different colors and got started on 2 of the smallest wall sections... wanted to see how it would look together. (The photos attached show the walls before I started, and how they turned out.) I was a little worried that it might be too bright, but I brought some fabric with me for furniture cushions & pillows... and I think it's going to be awesome together! (And yea... Scott says it's not as "hideous" as he thought it would be!) Yesterday & today I worked on covering up the white paint that somehow got smeared all over the ceiling boards & beams... it was never cleaned up after the walls were painted white in the first place. Now my neck is stiff, and my wrist is sore, but I'm determined to get an early start on the next wall tomorrow! And thanks to my Mount Joy neighbor, Sandi... I don't have to worry about ruining my last angled paintbrush!!!

We went out on another hash this past Saturday. Part of the trail was actually IN the stream (below the waterfall pictured)! I seriously need to get myself a good walking stick... before I end up breaking my neck on these hikes! The trail took us about 1-1/2 hours, and included a lovely view of a small waterfall. It was a great workout, but between that and all the ladder climbing I've been doing, I'm paying for it now! They're looking for people to help out with planning the trails, so Scott is trying to hook up with some locals to lend a hand for a future hash.

Well, that's all for now! Next time I'll post a few photos of the shells I painted in the guest bathroom.

No comments: