Friday, November 13, 2009

Life Happens!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we're still here... and still enjoying life in paradise!

We've been busy the past few weeks and I planned to update our blog with a report on our first weekend off the island... we sailed to Union Island and Tobago Cays for a long (holiday) weekend with friends on their boat. The following week we had an afternoon visit with friends from PA who stopped in Grenada aboard the Ruby Princess cruise ship. And then we were busy putting together our Halloween costumes for the annual Halloween hash.

And that's where I hit the "bump in the road"... literally. I slipped on some pebbles on a steep concrete road and thought I broke my arm. Fortunately, nothing is broken, but I've been trying to recover to get full use of my right arm again. And since I'm right-handed, it's been difficult doing much more than reading, sleeping, or watching TV! I'm slowly getting more movement in my arm, but still can't fully extend it, or bend it enough to reach my face, or turn it to open a door!

So as soon as I can get it together... I'll be back here to post some of the photos from the events of the past few weeks!

Until then...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We thought something was wrong 'down there' and we're happy your fall didn't end up worse than it did. Get well quick, we all miss your updates.
Lloyd & Sandi

Gabriella Kadar said...

You should consider that it may be a spiral fracture (tensile twisting force during traumatic impact.)

These don't show up on radiographs close to time of event because there is no displacement of bone. However, at later stages, these will show up, usually after healing by white lines where bone callousing causes reinforcement.

This late in the game, probably your best bet is a sling to decrease the inflammation created by self imposed physiotherapy.

Maybe a second opinion wouldn't be a bad idea.

cheers

gk

Michele R. York said...

Crystal, checked my Facebook page, Sweigart is a friend, your name came up as a friend of a friend, one thing led to another and I saw Joey's picture with Scott. Surreal! Sent the photo to Megan who, by the way, is a senior at the University of Vermont. Also surreal. Michele