Wednesday, September 2, 2009

More Painting!


I've been slacking in keeping my house clean lately because I've been working on this new painting project... creating a fake stone wall! I'm sure
Scott thought I was "out of my mind" for even considering it... and extremely frightened of what the outcome would look like! But I think I've surprised him (AND myself)! Who knew I had this in me?!!

It's not completely finished, but I thought I'd share these photos anyway. (This posting is for all our "non-Facebook Friends"... because I've already added these images to my FB album.)

As you know, all the walls in the house were white when we moved in last year. There are a few doorways that allow you to see into a hallway or another room from the living room, and I've been having trouble deciding what color to make them. (I need something that won't clash with the orange & green.) There is a small hallway to the guest bathroom & 2 bedrooms, and I thought it might be interesting to make the walls look like a fake stone wall. Since I didn't know if I could do it (& make it look real), I decided to try it out on this straight wall in the master bedroom first.

And I LOVE IT! I'm still working on adding bits of greenery growing between the rocks... and even a lizard (or two)! Scott now wants me to add a bunch of vines coming down from the top... but I'm a little hesitant to tackle that. If I mess up now, it's going to be very difficult to fix!

So I guess I'll just take my time... Tomorrow I MUST clean the house!

(Today I found myself looking at the kitchen walls... and wondering how they would look in "stone"!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your walls look fabulous!!! :)

Monja & Neil said...

Excellent job done, it looks amazing!!! I love it.